Performs a variety of full performance customer service, hospitality, clerical, organizational, and public contact functions for the Moab Arts & Recreation Center.
Supervision Received: The Administrative Assistant - Arts Dept. works under the general supervision of the Arts Director & Associate Arts Director.
Supervision Exercised: The Administrative Assistant - Arts Dept. exercises general supervision of the activities of volunteers, MARC renters and paid instructors in the absence of the Arts Directors.
The Administrative Assistant - Arts Dept. performs the following tasks for the MARC:
- Schedule MARC rentals; maintain MARC rental agreements; provide orientation for MARC rental customers; collect rental fees and ensure that renters adhere to City and MARC policies.
- Manage co-working spaces and schedules; assist in signing up prospective co-workers; ensure spaces are organized and stocked.
- Coordinate with the City of Moab Facilities Department to assure a fully operational, safe, and clean facility.
- Coordinate with arts class instructors for programming, materials, set up, and be available to assist in set up and break down of classes.
- Help plan workshops, events and classes for children and adults.
- Create and distribute advertising and public relations material to media, schools, and other organizations.
- Communicate with prospective students or event participants.
- Collect program fees; ensure that program participants adhere to City and MARC policies.
- Ensure program participants have registered on online booking system and adhere to City and MARC policies.
- Assist at special events and art shows.
- Assist with set up of chairs, tables, supplies, and equipment as needed for classes, events, and programs.
- Maintain and keep organized an office supply closet as well as an arts & crafts supply closet for MARC programs.
- Streamlines and maintain rental online booking systems; assists prospective renters in using the systems.
- Receive and direct telephone calls; perform clerical tasks.
- Maintain databases and websites; compose correspondence as needed.
- Light cleaning duties as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent; and
- Two (2) years of experience performing a variety of clerical duties; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical and administrative work requiring exercise of independent judgment, excellent organizational skills, and confidentiality.
- Ability to learn new computer programs and websites and use of communication systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with city staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to deal effectively and calmly with the public on the phone and in person.
- Working knowledge of modern office principles and procedures, including use of office equipment and computers.
- Skill in filing, word processing, and data entry.
- Skill in basic mathematics and bookkeeping.
- Working knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation; and
- Familiarity with social media as well as graphic design programs. Experience in advertising design.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The MARC Assistant normally works in a safe, climate-controlled environment. Tasks may occasionally entail muscular strain, including walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, and lifting. Talking, hearing, and seeing are essential to performing job requirements. Common eye, hand and finger dexterity is required for most essential functions.
Evening and weekend work may be required, as well as occasional travel.
Formal application and interview with hiring authority and successful completion of a background check and drug screen. Upon hire, must possess a Utah Driver’s License.